CLASSIFICATION: PART-TIME NON-EXEMPT (25 Hours/week)
QUALIFICATIONS: Maintain the church campus, buildings, and grounds in a safe and clean condition inside and out, including all restrooms, classrooms, meeting rooms, sanctuary, chapel, Family Life Center and memorial garden. Ability to work willingly and cooperatively with church staff and church members. Must pass a mandatory background check. Ability to lift at least 30 pounds. Certificate of medical ability to perform job signed by a licensed physician if requested.
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: To ensure proper maintenance and cleaning of church property is performed and that the security of the church campus is maintained at the highest level practical and possible. To interact with the public in a helpful and gracious manner as befitting the church you represent. $10.50/hour
1. Skill in performing general cleaning/custodial duties is desired.
2. Ability to work variable hours to meet church needs and to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English fluently is required.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills is required.
5. Inspect all areas of the church campus, including grounds and Memorial Garden daily and clean and maintain if necessary.
6. Inform the Office Manager of maintenance items needing attention observed while performing duties.
7. Daily review weekly campus use schedule with Office Manager and perform other duties as may be necessary for scheduled events.
8. Set up or assist in the set-up of rooms to support the campus schedule.
9. Ensure that the church campus is cleaned and maintained prior to Sunday services and other seasonal services, it: Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Easter Sunrise, and Easter Morning.
10. Maintain security of church campus, checking windows and doors and ensuring that all furnace/air conditioning unit thermostats are at proper settings before leaving premises.
11. Be available on site when requested for funerals and weddings.
12. Inform Office Manager of needed janitorial supplies and place orders with the knowledge of that person.
Applicants are requested to email a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to the following address: email@example.com.